Friday 25 November 2016

Malaysia on a moped

I have been absolutely useless at updating my blog.  But I suppose it's a good sign I've been too busy living life to write about it. 

It's my third day in Cambodia so figured I'd best write about my time in Malaysia. 

After Penang I headed to a little island called Langkawi. After the bustle (and wild nights) of Penang it took a bit of adapting to the calm peaceful geoforests and empty beaches. Langkawi was like a little island paradise. Monkeys wandered down the streets of their own accord and there was beautiful waterfalls with no tourists around. On my first day on Langkawi I rented a scooter again and set off around the island. I went up the cable car onto the geoforest, then visited seven wells waterfall. On my way home I stumbled upon the most amazing night market! With clothes, gifts, satay chicken, coconut rice deserts, noodles, fried bananas and all manners of street food you can imagine!  It was my find on Langkawi and the sort of night market I'd hoped for when I planned my travels. 
 

On the following day I set off on my little moped again to the jetty and went on an island hopping tour. During our tour we went to 3 different islands. The pregnant mother island (see the shape of the mountains) where I swam in the lake, an island with a beautiful beaches and another island where we fed wild eagles over the sea! After that I set off on search of the hot springs and another waterfall where I watched local children swimming in the pools. At the hot springs I went to watch a show about the story of the hot springs and got dragged up as an extra dancer in the show! Anyone who has seen me dance can imagine how much they regretted that choice of participant!
.        

My final day in Langkawi was spent at a beautiful beach at the north of the island. I was the only one there! I swam in the sea and watched the fishing boats on the ocean. I had one of those moments where I just laid back and thought just how lucky I am! It feels a bit like emotions are all intensified over here! I was sad to leave Malaysia and when I first arrived in Siem Reap I was wondering why on earth I had. But after seeing the real Cambodia today with new friends I now love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment